2056 at a glance
Well we couldn't follow up with another title run let alone making the playoffs with the great season that Max and the Sharks had. The loss of P Hooks Fife to the Lobsters in the FA draft put a big dent in the Volcano pitching. Retirements of 3B Netzel had us scrambling all year trying to find any kind of production at 3B and the loss of 1B Heathcott (another early retirement in Honolulu) was eased a bit by Bonariva stepping in and hitting 24 HR's playing out of place at 1B.

Billy Biittner did his best to replace Fife putting up a 19-9 record while Xue was a perfect 14-0 but battled some injuries over the year. OFer Brett Dozier did his best to pump up the offense leading the IL with 107 RBI's and Trout did his usual thing with a SB title and finishing top 10 in almost every batting category.

Hopefully my 37yr olds stick around for one more season as the lottery has gifted me a high FA pick and I can make another run at another title shot. It's sad not to see that Volcano on the front page...I'm now hungry for some surf and turf though.
Honolulu 2000 & 2055 Weaverball Champions

"Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical"

~Yogi Berra
yeah, i thought the volcs were a good bet to repeat but the white sharks just picked up steam and never looked back. i'm sure you guys'll be battling it out again this season though.
(03-31-2019, 03:00 PM)havana Wrote: yeah, i thought the volcs were a good bet to repeat but the white sharks just picked up steam and never looked back. i'm sure you guys'll be battling it out again this season though.

I was pretty surprised about that whole run. Nothing more fun than putting together a winner out of relative scraps, when it works. But, with HON getting a high FA pick and the presence of several solid young teams in the division, I don't by any means expect a waltz this season.

2050, 2044, 2043, 2030, 2027, 2025, 2022 Weaver Cup Winners
2038, 2037, 2036, 2033, 2028, 2023, 2021 IL Champs
25 Polanski Pennants from 2012-2050
1 Weaver Cup, 2 IL Champs, 12 Polanski Pennants 1998-2011