1B eligibility at 3B?
I was looking at the defensive restrictions (http://www.weaverball.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=5374) in considering the draft pool and noticed that third can play first, but not vice versa. I understand that the hot corner requires a little more fielding ability, so why wouldn't we allow first basemen to have eligibility at third?

Current MLB players for comparison:
Matt Carpenter - STL (moved to third when Goldschmidt arrived)
Travis Shaw - MIL (has bounced between 1B/2B/3B since Moustakas arrived and Aguilar's one-year wonder)
Max Muncy - LAD 
Yuli Gurriel - HOU
Yandy Diaz - TB
(and there's more, just the first few I thought of)

Could we implement that first basemen can play third if their FA >= 70? What are your thoughts? If this is already in place, I missed it somewhere. Since it has been mentioned that third is a shallower position in Weaver, this would potentially improve the position as a whole.
[Image: 0GzHqpg.jpg]
Rio de Janeiro Capybaras
Working on getting back to winning!
(06-10-2019, 07:10 AM)jtm0003 Wrote: I was looking at the defensive restrictions (http://www.weaverball.com/forums/showthr...p?tid=5374) in considering the draft pool and noticed that third can play first, but not vice versa. I understand that the hot corner requires a little more fielding ability, so why wouldn't we allow first basemen to have eligibility at third?

Current MLB players for comparison:
Matt Carpenter - STL (moved to third when Goldschmidt arrived)
Travis Shaw - MIL (has bounced between 1B/2B/3B since Moustakas arrived and Aguilar's one-year wonder)
Max Muncy - LAD 
Yuli Gurriel - HOU
Yandy Diaz - TB
(and there's more, just the first few I thought of)

Could we implement that first basemen can play third if their FA >= 70? What are your thoughts? If this is already in place, I missed it somewhere. Since it has been mentioned that third is a shallower position in Weaver, this would potentially improve the position as a whole.

Two words: Troy Glaus
Ryno, Executor of the Zealots, Draft Czar.
Barnes Division Champs - 2055, 2056
Francisco Matthei - 2054 ROY, 2056 CY.  Paul Blaisedell - 2056 MVP

"For Aiur"
if bbpro listed throwing arm as part of its teamrost.htm files, sure.  but without this, there'd be no way to prevent left-handed throwers getting moved over to play 3B.

the field is present within the game files, but i dont want to have to periodically export this data just to allow this positional switch.  i'm pretty lazy.

3B right now i think can be played by 3B, SS, and a select few 2B.  I'll have to take a closer look at defensive position eligibility during the offseason to see if we can tweak it somewhat.